It is currently Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:59 am
Change font size
AboutForsyth.com Keeping an eye-that-never-blinks on the goings-on of local government in Georgia.

AboutForsyth.com

Complaint against Captain Henry Anthony “Tony” Wooten

Click link for list of topics. Membership is not required to read content or to watch Nydeos.

Complaint against Captain Henry Anthony “Tony” Wooten

Postby Nydia Tisdale » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:00 am

August 22, 2016

Dawson County Sheriff Billy Carlisle
Georgia Bureau of Investigation Director Vernon Keenan
Georgia Attorney General Sam Olens

Gentlemen:

As you may know, I am a citizen journalist who video records public meetings of public interest for the public to watch online. There are 880 “Nydeos” on my YouTube channel. Also, I have had the distinct pleasure of video recording all of you at different times discussing matters that are significant to the citizens of Georgia.

On Saturday, August 23, 2014, I video recorded a rally located at Burt’s Farm, 5 Burts Pumpkin Farm Road, Dawsonville, Dawson County, Georgia, 30534. While sitting and quietly recording candidates making campaign speeches, an unidentified man grabbed my hand, grabbed my arm, pulled me up out of my chair, twisted my arm behind my back, frogmarched me out of the rally, forced me into an empty barn, slammed my body against a countertop, bent my body over at the waist, pushed his crotch into my buttocks, and frotteurized me. The unknown assailant held me pinned against the countertop with his groin pushed up against my backside until two Dawson County Sheriff’s Office deputies arrived. When the sound of tires rolling across the graveled drive announced the arrival of official vehicles, the mystery man pulled his body away from mine, but still held my arms behind my back.

For several weeks after the assault, I had extreme pain in my pelvic region. An x-ray of my pelvic bone did not show a fracture, but four lines of bruises on my pelvic area marked where the countertop did not budge. Prescription pain medication was taken to ease my agony. I had tremendous difficulty walking, sleeping, eating and drinking. I cried every day for over a fortnight. Tears are still triggered by recalling this traumatic attack.

My video camera was confiscated and returned to me on Friday, August 29, 2014. The complete footage from that day that remained on my internal memory drive is available at this YouTube link: https://youtu.be/sMIsF8z4Lxg. There appears to be a gap in the footage while I am restrained against the countertop.

I learned later that the man who attacked me was Captain Henry Anthony “Tony” Wooten of the Dawson County Sheriff’s Office (DCSO). I was arrested and charged with criminal trespass and obstruction of an officer.

Under advice of legal counsel, William Finch, and then Bruce Harvey, I did not speak with the DCSO while charges were pending against me. A pre-trial motions hearing is scheduled on Tuesday, October 4, 2016 at 10:00 a.m. before Judge Bonnie C. Oliver in my criminal case.

On the eve of the two-year anniversary of being assaulted by Captain Wooten, I now file this formal complaint to preserve my rights that may expire due to the statute of limitations.

I allege that Captain Tony Wooten violated O.C.G.A. § 16-6-5.1. Sexual assault and/or O.C.G.A. § 16-6-22.1. Sexual battery. The Georgia code sections follow:

O.C.G.A. § 16-6-5.1. Sexual assault by persons with supervisory or disciplinary authority; sexual assault by practitioner of psychotherapy against patient; consent not a defense; penalty upon conviction for sexual assault

(a) As used in this Code section, the term:
(1) “Actor” means a person accused of sexual assault.
(2) “Intimate parts” means the genital area, groin, inner thighs, buttocks, or breasts of a person.
(4) “Sexual contact” means any contact between the actor and a person not married to the actor involving the intimate parts of either person for the purpose of sexual gratification of the actor.
(b) A person who has supervisory or disciplinary authority over another individual commits sexual assault when that person:
(3) Is an employee or agent of a law enforcement agency and engages in sexual contact with such other individual who the actor knew or should have known is being detained by or is in the custody of any law enforcement agency;
(f) A person convicted of sexual assault shall be punished by imprisonment for not less than one nor more than 25 years or by a fine not to exceed $100,000.00, or both; provided, however, that:
(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, any person convicted of the offense of sexual assault of a child under the age of 16 years shall be punished by imprisonment for not less than 25 nor more than 50 years and shall, in addition, be subject to the sentencing and punishment provisions of Code Section 17-10-6.2; and
(2) If at the time of the offense the victim of the offense is at least 14 years of age but less than 16 years of age and the actor is 18 years of age or younger and is no more than four years older than the victim, such person shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall not be subject to the sentencing and punishment provisions of Code Section 17-10-6.2.

O.C.G.A. § 16-6-22.1. Sexual battery

(a) For the purposes of this Code section, the term “intimate parts” means the primary genital area, anus, groin, inner thighs, or buttocks of a male or female and the breasts of a female.
(b) A person commits the offense of sexual battery when he or she intentionally makes physical contact with the intimate parts of the body of another person without the consent of that person.

I further allege that Captain Tony Wooten violated O.C.G.A. § 16-10-1. Violation of oath by public officer, which reads: Any public officer who willfully and intentionally violates the terms of his oath as prescribed by law shall, upon conviction thereof, be punished by imprisonment for not less than one nor more than five years.

Kindly include this complaint in the permanent, personnel file for Captain Henry Anthony Wooten. This complaint will also be hand-delivered to the Dawson County Sheriff's Office on Monday, August 22, 2016.

I respectfully request an independent, outside investigation of my allegations because I believe an internal investigation could be biased.

Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter.

Kind regards,

Nydia Tisdale

nydiatisdale@hotmail.com
1240 Oakhaven Drive
Roswell, GA 30075
770-594-2300 phone
404-316-8888 cell
Nydia Tisdale

Support AboutForsyth.com! Click to contribute via Paypal

Captain Henry Anthony “Tony” Wooten

Postby Nydia Tisdale » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:00 am

Nydia Tisdale