NYDEO: Nydia Tisdale — Citizen Journalist, recipient of The Atlanta Press Club 2017 Impact Award 04/07/18

Click link for list of topics. Membership is not required to read content or to watch Nydeos.
Nydia Tisdale

NYDEO: Nydia Tisdale — Citizen Journalist, recipient of The Atlanta Press Club 2017 Impact Award 04/07/18

Post by Nydia Tisdale » May 20th, 2018, 3:45 pm

Nydia Tisdale — Citizen Journalist, recipient of The Atlanta Press Club 2017 Impact Award

Citizen journalist Nydia Tisdale introduces herself at the Cobb County Republican Party Breakfast on Saturday, April 7, 2018 in Marietta, Georgia.

Cobb County GOP Chairman Jason Shepherd remarks on Nydia’s legal fight for First Amendment freedoms; and comments on Sam Olens — former Georgia Attorney General and former Cobb County Commission Chairman — defending her right to video record a public meeting.

#Nydeo by Nydia Tisdale for AboutForsyth.com. Please $upport nydeos via paypal.me/NydiaTisdale.

Citizen journalist Nydia Tisdale — recording with her Sony video camera — close to Lady Liberty.

CITIZEN JOURNALIST
Marietta Daily Journal
By Jon Gillooly
April 9, 2018

Among those in attendance at the GOP breakfast was self-described “citizen journalist” Nydia Tisdale, with video camera recording. Tisdale was arrested in 2014 for filming a GOP rally at Burt’s Pumpkin Farm in Dawsonville. The Atlanta Press Club awarded Tisdale the 2017 Impact Award for her impact on the journalism profession and on the public in protecting access to public meetings.

“I normally wouldn’t point out a journalist in the room for special recognition,” Shepherd said, “but Nydia has gone to court several times — she’s actually been prosecuted for trying to do her job under the 1st Amendment, and one of the people who stood by her through thick and thin was our former state attorney general, former chairman of the Cobb County Board of Commission, Sam Olens. I’ll say this — she’s a hero to me and I’ve said anytime she wants to be here, she is more than welcome.”

Nydia Tisdale

The Atlanta Press Club Awards of Excellence Banquet 4/12/18

Post by Nydia Tisdale » May 23rd, 2018, 8:30 pm

Atlanta Press Club Awards of Excellence Banquet 4/12/18

VIDEO CREDIT: Doug Davis, Audit Recon