Citizens react to Commissioner Cindy Jones Mills’ rant

Click link for list of topics. Membership is not required to read content or to watch Nydeos.
Nydia Tisdale

Citizens react to Commissioner Cindy Jones Mills’ rant

Post by Nydia Tisdale » June 8th, 2014, 9:00 am

Forsyth County resident Matthew Broms reacts to Commissioner Cindy Jones Mills’ Facebook rant during public comments at the June 5, 2014 Forsyth County Board of Commissioners meeting.

Good evening, Commissioners. My name is Matthew Broms. I live in Forsyth and I speak for myself.

I would like to address what I believe is a growing divide in our County and recent efforts by an elected official to stoke the flames of this divide. I believe our elected officials should work to build consensus and bridge the gap between competing interests and ideas. I believe our elected officials should remain impartial on matters that they have not yet voted on — and I believe our elected officials should be our best and brightest, showing class, reserve and restraint when necessary. They should embody the utmost wisdom, integrity, honesty, and self-control.

Given these beliefs, I was shocked and dismayed when a sitting County Commissioner took to Facebook in an inaccurate and intellectually dishonest outburst attacking the very citizens they represent. There were over half-a-dozen untruths in a single statement, which can be proven by a review of the tape recording.

This outburst was reminiscent of Washington D.C. in its attempt to distort the other side via straw man arguments in order to win political favor first with a certain constituency. We have enough of this behavior up there — we don’t need it down here in Forsyth County.

What was even worse, however, was that this Commissioner chose to “Like” in comments of their post. Among the posts the Commissioner “Liked” was a comment for the citizens to “pack up and go back where they came from.” Many of these Settles Road residents that this was regarding have lived in these homes for 18 to 19 years.

At what point does this Commissioner believe they earn the right to have an opinion that’s worth considering? Where is the magic line in the sand where one earns respect from this Commissioner?

Another comment this Commissioner actually “Liked” was a call from one citizen to dump manure in — on the lawns of the citizens. I repeat — to “dump manure on lawns.” Unfortunately, some say crazy things like this, but they should not be endorsed by our elected officials.

This outrageous and immature behavior is unbecoming of any citizen, but is entirely unacceptable when performed by an elected official that has a say in all our lives with their votes.

I believe we are better than this. I do not believe in perpetuating a divide between North and South of the county — of Forsyth County and demonizing those with differing opinions that are merely striving for balance and protection.

We are friends, neighbors, co-workers, and family. We all share in the tax burden, the benefits of growth, and the challenges collectively, as one County. When we lose, we all lose — and when we win, we all win. We are one Forsyth County.

Commissioners take an oath to the entire County — not a district or an arbitrary geographical delineation. It’s time our elected officials rise above the political rhetoric and begin to build bridges between all citizens.

It’s time for leaders to lead. We the citizens deserve it — and Forsyth County deserves it.

Thank you.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Nydeo by Nydia Tisdale for AboutForsyth.com.
Select 1080p for HD quality viewing.
Please $upport Nydeos via PayPal.

Nydia Tisdale

Matthew Broms reacts to Cindy Jones Mills’ rant

Post by Nydia Tisdale » June 8th, 2014, 9:10 am

Resident Matthew Broms reacts to Commissioner Cindy Jones Mills’ rant on Facebook during the June 5, 2014 Forsyth County Board of Commissioners meeting.
Nydeo still by Nydia Tisdale.

Nydia Tisdale

Forsyth County Commissioner Cindy Jones Mills

Post by Nydia Tisdale » June 8th, 2014, 10:30 am

Forsyth County Commissioner Cindy Jones Mills listens to Matthew Broms’ public comment at the June 5, 2014 Board of Commissioners meeting. Nydeo still by Nydia Tisdale.

Nydia Tisdale

Commissioner Cindy Jones Mills — Facebook Rant Likes

Post by Nydia Tisdale » June 8th, 2014, 12:40 pm

• Regina H Bennett Would be nice if they all packed up and went back where they came from, that was the saying years ago. if you don't like it, go home!

Cindy Jones Mills and Gary Tallant like this.
Friday, May 30, 2014 at 9:14pm · 4

• Gary Tallant Lewis Grizzard said it well..."Delta is ready when you are"...

Friday, May 30, 2014 at 9:18pm · 4

• William Flynn Who wants to haul in manure and dump it close to those houses. I know that isn't right either

Gary Cooper and Cindy Jones Mills like this.
Friday, May 30, 2014 at 9:19pm · 2

• Jan Hamilton lol Gary...loved him and have his book "If I ever get back to Georgia I'll Nail my Feet to the Ground"

Friday, May 30, 2014 at 9:21pm · 2

Nydia Tisdale

It is not your mission to assist developers

Post by Nydia Tisdale » June 8th, 2014, 3:00 pm

Forsyth Coalition: Change Residential, Commercial Development Process To Curb Record Growth

CummingPatch.com
October 12, 2013

“It is not your mission to assist developers in yielding the highest gains on their proposed projects...,” a group of Forsyth County home owner associations and homeowners wrote to the Board of Commissioners.

READ MORE ON LINK.

Nydia Tisdale

Forsyth Co. Commissioner Cindy Jones Mills asked to recuse

Post by Nydia Tisdale » June 9th, 2014, 11:55 am

Hello, my name is Ann Adams. ... I’m a homemaker and I have no business with any of the involved parties I am about to speak of.

Due to the behavior of a member of the Board of Commissioners during the Planning Commission meeting on May 27, 2014, in this meeting room — I would like to request that this Commissioner recuse himself or herself from any further input, discussions with county personnel, or vote on ZA3667 [Ridgeline Land Planning, Inc.] for the following reasons:

During the Planning Commission meeting, the Commissioner abruptly left and therefore disrupted the public meeting causing the Planning Commission Chair to call for a recess until the member of the Commissioners returned to the duly-called meeting.

This is behavior unbecoming of an elected official representing the Citizens. Just as the Planning Commission approved the recess, the member of the Board of Commissioners returned — only to hand out a business card to a person in the public gallery.

During the course of the public Planning Commission meeting, several derogatory remarks were made about a particular Planning Commission member by this Commissioner, clearly audible on the video and for public — for the public in close proximity.

The video notes the disparaging remarks which were followed by laughter by this Commissioner. You can view the YouTube video in it’s entirety at AboutForsyth.com.

From my perspective and from the comments made, I believe this Commissioner has already predetermined what his or her vote is — versus what the Oath of Office the Commissioner took to “impartially perform my duties.”

On May 28th, the following day, the same Commissioner posted to Facebook what I would term a “rant” regarding the activities the previous evening at the Planning Commission meeting.

The post was not only inappropriate, but factually inaccurate and unbecoming of an elected official of Forsyth County in the following ways:

The Commissioner referred to the “owner” of the property — who spoke to the Planning Commission — “as an elderly man using a cane.”

As a point of clarification, this man the Commissioner identified is not the owner of the land. His name is not on the deed and he was identified incorrectly by the Commissioner. Bottom line, he should not have spoken as the “owner” of the property — since he’s not.

The Commissioner continued in the rant by saying, “They [the neighbors] are against it for a variety of reasons, but mainly they don’t want homes coming next to them.”

The reason cited by this Commissioner was totally false and the video of the Planning Commission will prove this Commissioner was wrong, once again.

The truth of the matter is that the two opposing parties had actually worked out a compromise agreement that was totally ignored in a 3-2 vote of the Planning Commission — against the compromise agreement.

This Commissioner continued in the rant saying, “The man with the cane patiently listened to person after person stand and say why he shouldn’t be able to sell his land.”

The video will, again, prove that this Commissioner was in error.

[The Commissioner stated on Facebook that, “He told about his life on this land and how long he’s paid taxes on it.”

The video record proves misstatements by this Commissioner because this man made no mention of taxes while speaking to the Planning Commission.]

And in what I would deem a final blow to the disrespect — and disrespect to the Citizens of this county, the Commissioner further stated, “The tyranny of the masses is ruling and the saddest thing of all, is they think it’s their right.”

As a voter, taxpayer and a Citizen, I believe the entire Board of Commissioners should ask:

“To whom is this Commissioner referring? the Citizens that he or she serves?”

In closing, I want to clearly state that the intentions of the neighbors have been knowingly, grossly, and falsely misrepresented in a public forum by a member of the Commissioners.

There is video evidence that can prove they wanted only a same policy for adjoining lands to the subdivisions.

[BUZZER sounds.]

Please review the video of the Planning Commission meeting at AboutForsyth.com.

Thank you.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Forsyth County Board of Commissioners
110 East Main Street, Suite 220
Cumming, Georgia 30040
Thursday, June 5, 2014

Nydeo by Nydia Tisdale for AboutForsyth.com.
Select 1080p for HD quality viewing.
Please $upport Nydeos via PayPal.

Nydia Tisdale

Ann Adams asks Commissioner Cindy Jones Mills to recuse

Post by Nydia Tisdale » June 9th, 2014, 12:00 pm

Homeowner Ann Adams (left) asks Forsyth County Commissioner Cindy Jones Mills (right) to recuse from zoning application ZA3667 Ridgeline Land Planning, Inc. during the Board of Commissioners meeting on Thursday, June 5, 2014.

Chairman Ralph (Pete) Amos
(center) extended the time ten minutes for three additional speakers to address the Board during Public Comments. Nydeo still by Nydia Tisdale.

Nydia Tisdale

Calif. mayor resigns over tossing dog poop into yard

Post by Nydia Tisdale » June 21st, 2014, 5:15 pm

Calif. mayor resigns over tossing dog poop into yard

USA Today
Associated Press
June 18, 2014

A California mayor has stepped down after he was caught on video tossing a bag of dog poop into a neighbor's yard.

"It's caused embarrassment to this city, and as a result it affects my ability to lead the council," Dennis Kneier, the mayor of San Marino, said in an interview with NBC4 in Los Angeles. His resignation went into effect Tuesday.

On June 7, Kneier said he was walking home when he found the bag on a parkway, picked it up and tossed it onto a neighbor's walkway. The original owner of the bag of waste is not known.

Kneier had apologized, saying he should have properly disposed of the bag.

Neighbor Philip Lao said he recognized Kneier on the surveillance tape and called the police. Kneier was cited for littering, which can carry a fine of up to $1,000.

Lao said he thought Kneier had intentionally tossed the bag onto his property in response to Lao putting up a "No Poop Zone" sign outside his home and for Lao's opposition to a dog park in the city, The Los Angeles Times reports.

In a council meeting last week, residents blasted Kneier's actions and called for his resignation.

Kneier will remain on the city council until his term ends in November 2015. The vice mayor will assume mayoral duties until the next council meeting.

Nydia Tisdale

California mayor curbs self over dog poop incident

Post by Nydia Tisdale » June 21st, 2014, 5:25 pm

California mayor curbs self over dog poop incident

Associated Press
June 18, 2014

SAN MARINO, Calif. (AP) — The doo-doo has gotten too deep for the mayor of a wealthy Los Angeles suburb who flung dog poop onto a political opponent's property.

The Pasadena Star-News (http://bit.ly/1kLDwcZ ) reports San Marino Mayor Dennis Kneier (kuh-NEER') resigned Tuesday after outcry from residents who say he smeared their image.

Kneier remains on the City Council. Councilman Eugene Sun will serve as mayor.

Kneier found the bag of dog waste June 7 and tossed it onto the walkway of political opponent Philip Lao.

Lao recognized the mayor on surveillance video and called police. Video of the incident went viral.

In his resignation letter, Kneier says his actions were inconsiderate and disrespectful and he's stepping down because the event continues to be embarrassing to him and to the city.

Nydia Tisdale

Commissioner Cindy Jones Mills’ rant on Facebook 05/28/14

Post by Nydia Tisdale » June 1st, 2018, 7:40 am