Election 2016 – 9th Congressional district of Georgia

Click link for list of topics. Membership is not required to read content or to watch Nydeos.
Nydia Tisdale

Election 2016 – 9th Congressional district of Georgia

Post by Nydia Tisdale » May 9th, 2016, 10:00 am

Jack Smith
Friday, May 6, 2016 at 9:49pm

After much thought, I have decided to support Doug Collins for re-election for congress , representing the 9th congressional district of Georgia. I encourage you to join me and vote for him in the current Primary.

Comments

Ted Barrett I have decided to invoke Term Limits.
Friday, May 6 at 9:50pm

Mary H. Landry I have decided that you do not know how to choose candidates. Everyone in the 9th should vote for ABC (Anybody But Collins).
Friday, May 6 at 10:12pm

Robert Frey Please don't vote for someone you goes to Disney World twice a year and reads the constitution.
Friday, May 6 at 11:09pm

Walt Polk No
Friday, May 6 at 11:36pm

Teague Mattern I do not think I can do that!
Saturday, May 7 at 7:48am

Teague Mattern Also I hope people do not support Tom Graves and instead vote for Mickey Tuck. He has worked his tail off. I would support him but he is not in my district!
Saturday, May 7 at 7:52am

Teague Mattern Fitzpatrick seems like a good candidate instead of Collins. You will get more of the same from Collins,
Saturday, May 7 at 7:53am

Ralph Long Doug Collins is a great man and a former colleague of mine. He always strives to do the right thing.
Saturday, May 7 at 11:19am
  • Robert Frey Thanks Ralph.
    Saturday, May 7 at 11:56am

Ralph Long You know we have to give people credit where credit is due regardless of party. Doug was always willing to listen and I like that and if I called him today I know he'd take my call. Thats what I look for in a "public servant."
    Saturday, May 7 at 11:58am

Walt Polk Your "former colleague" thinks the right thing is to vote with the Democrats, especially any Speaker of the House; and can be held partially responsible for at least $4 1/2 trillion of this country's debt.
    Sunday, May 8 at 1:35am

Ralph Long I see his opponent has finally got his people together on this post at this late hour. Democrats rock too buy the way!
    Sunday, May 8 at 1:42am
Bill Kokaly Thanks Jack. You are a man of integrity.
Saturday, May 7 at 3:09pm
  • Walt Polk Then - I must believe - if I don't support Doug Collins - I must not be a man of integrity! Doug Collins can do nothing but spend MY money on any and all of Barry Soetoro's schemes. Count me out on any and all support for Collins. Furthermore, if I were a client of UPS, I would fire them and hire another delivery firm.
    Sunday, May 8 at 1:28am
Teague Mattern Collins is a nice man but we need someone who is going to vote the way we need them to!
May 7 at 5:28pm

Ralph Long No representative can vote 100% of the way you want them too. Why don't you run for office and see what pains in the asses people are. That man went to war for this country and has done more than most! I'm sure he votes and has voted in the best interest of his constituency.
Saturday, May 7 at 5:57pm

Don Hutelin Also I hope people do not support Tom Graves and instead vote for Mickey Tuck. He has worked his tail off. I would support him but he is not in my district!
Saturday, May 7 at 6:48pm

Ralph Long Nothing wrong Don with speaking up for your candidate!!!!! May the best person win!!!
Saturday, May 7 at 7:50pm

Hank Sullivan When Johnny comes marching home..

When Johnny Comes Marching Home Again
youtube.com
Saturday, May 7 at 8:22pm

Ralph Long Don why are you going after my former colleagues what gives? Spill the beans!
Saturday, May 7 at 11:19pm
  • Hank Sullivan Maybe Don Hutelin knows Doug Collins' establishment voting record, voting with House leadership and special interests rather than the people of the 9th District. Here is Doug Collins' voting record.

Doug may be a nice guy, a good neighbor, but his voting record in congress is atrocious, and he needs to be retired.
    Doug Collins Establishment Politician…
    youtube.com
    Sunday, May 8 at 6:24am

Hank Sullivan Here is Doug's record voting to fund Planned Parenthood, which he denies to this day. You be the judge, right there on Doug Collins' letterhead.

youtube.com
    Sunday, May 8 at 6:26am

Hank Sullivan Doug claims to be against Common Core. He claims that the Federal Government should not be regulating education among the states. Then why did Doug vote for the Every Student Succeeds Act, ESSA, which gives reauthorizes funding for the US Department of Education and placed the DOE in position to review and approve State Education programs PRIOR to them receiving education funding.

youtube.com
    Sunday, May 8 at 6:32am
Paul Deese My biggest problem with Doug is that he has climbed into bed with the Leadership aka. The Establishment. The same thing has happened with Tom Graves. Also we have seen the same thing with Ralston and Gooch in Atlanta! This garbage about how this helps our community is CRAP! ALL IT HELPS IS THE "ATLANTA BOYS" and the DC ESTABLISHMENT! We get left behind as they cave in to the PROGRESSIVE Liberals, time after time after time!
Sunday, May 8 at 9:08am
  • Hank Sullivan You are exactly right, Paul Deese. And the biggest problem I have with supposed Tea Party leaders, those who "thoughtfully contemplate" whom to support, and then come out in support of the same establishment Republican incumbents who have been aiding and abetting the destruction of America, is that that kind of support screams of co-opting, in materials ways, for the purpose of claiming personal gain. What else explains it? There is no reason for a Tea Party to exist if its leaders are all in the tank for establishment politicians. It should be obvious to anyone who has been watching, that the Liberty Tea Party is just another extension of the establishment that is woefully attempting to hold on to political power. We all have to choose our sides. In the end, there will be a victor and a vanquished.
    Sunday, May 8 at 9:27am
Jack Smith Hank, you do not know what the hell you are talking about. You think you are so great. The Liberty Group Tea Party does not endorse candidates. Your comment about personal gain is just plain B.S. If you are so woinderful, offer yourself up for office. As for me, I answer to me, and will do as I see fit, whether it be on issues or on candidate support. You do the same, and that is how it should be.
Sunday, May 8 at 4:45pm
  • Hank Sullivan I'm glad to read your response, Jack. And I agree with your sentiment, that you answer to you and do as you see fit. I would not change that. And thanks for telling me what I think. But if all you do is support those who are already in office, when they have given us Common Core, raised taxes, $20 trillion in debt, no way to pay that off, given us a shrinking middle class, more government dependency, paid to take in foreign terrorists, given us constant wars, death, destruction and mayhem all over this planet, then at what point does their favor with you begin to wane? At what point might you ever decide that you have given them enough of your support? At what point has even Jack Smith had enough with the establishment politicians? At what point is it time to maybe even consider a new course?

Yes, you are individually entitled to take any position you desire, support anyone who floats your boat. But until you and your group decide to venture out to change the status quo, until you decide to stop supporting establishment politicians who have brought our country to the brink of disaster, and continuing down the same road, then what is the point? Just curious.
    Sunday, May 8 at 6:35pm

Robert Frey Hank, at what point will you ever support the GOVERNMENT of the USA and stop blaming the USA for world and domestic problems. Frankly, your respect for the USA is worse than Obama. Graduating from Ga. Tech never gave you the credentials to criticize as you contently do.
    Sunday, May 8 at 10:35pm

Hank Sullivan As soon as the government stays within its Constitutional bounds, stops catering to special interests that buy influence and votes from OUR REPRESENTATIVES. Bob, as a supposed ACTIVIST, when are you going to hold just one elected Representative or Senator responsible to represent the people, rather than special interests? What is an activist who simply goes along with whatever the government decides to do? You are no activist, Bob. You are not even a Tea Party leader. I don't even know why you go through the motions of holding Tea Party meetings. Nothing comes as a result. What is all this about, Bob? What is all this about, Jack? If all you want to do is keep the status quo, you don't need to organize for that. You don't need to hold meetings. You can just stay home and the status quo will remain.

I will blame the wrong doers whoever they are. When the wrong doers are the people in the American Government then they must be held accountable. A Tea Party that does not hold elected officials accountable is a garden party. It is nothing. It has no function, no reason for existing. Nothing comes of simply showing up at a meeting. Nothing comes of donning a sandwich board and riding a bus to DC and riding home. The people in charge of our government, who are looking after special interests, and not the people, need to be thrown out and replaced. There is nothing else to be done to restore America. Once they go bad, that's it. There is no going back. And I do not understand why you and Jack support these people who get to Washington, or the state house and get co-opted by special interests. You are doing nothing but going through the motions. And I do not know why you would even waste the time. There are many ball games to be watched, or vacations to take, or good books to read. Why waste the time to make it look like you are doing something when obviously you are doing nothing? Just a question.
    Sunday, May 8 at 11:06pm

Paul Deese Hank, l have to agree, why bother, if all we are going to do is be cheerleaders for the current special interest representatives sitting in our State and Federal Govt. Buildings in the Capitols. What purpose are we truly serving by going along with whatever these reps. come up with. We could all go fishing, or golfing, kite flying for all the good it will do!
    Monday, May 9 at 10:25am
Jack Staver Sorry to hear your decision to support such an establishment sellout as Doug Collins. The problem I have Jack Smith is that you have a large sphere of influence and by your statement " I encourage you to join me and vote for him in the current Primary." you have encouraged the uniformed to follow you in a bad decision. Unless we replace our do nothing congress, we are toast. Every incumbent from our state needs to go. What have "We the People" been fighting for? Keep the same old spineless liars in office inching the ball forward on their agenda not ours, instead of picking it up and running with it REGARDLESS of the consequences? You used to be a fighter Jack, what happened?
Monday, May 9 at 9:57am

Mike Scupin During my life I have been disappointed by a lot of people and now I must add Jack Smith to my list of disappointments. NOT because Jack doesn't support me; that is immaterial and irrelevant, but because there are a number of men running whose sole goal is to put the Constitution FIRST in their votes. JACK Smith claims to support the Constitution yet has now endorsed a sitting Congressman that has the worst Constitutional voting record in Georgia.

Now there are a lot of rating systems out there for Congress, but only two that rely dominantly on CONSTITUTIONAL Issues. Those two are Conservative Review & The New American Freedom Index. COLLINS has a rating of 59% & 67% respectively.

Understanding the fact that the only way Collins could aquire seats on the House Rules and Judiciary Committees is because he is willing to follow the will of those in leadership is a piece of information to which Jack Smith fully understands. It begs the question; WHY WOULD SOMEONE THAT CLAIMS TO BE FOR THE CONSTITUTION AND CLAIMS HE STANDS FOR TEA PARTY PRINCIPLES support a man in CONGRESS that by even a cursory examination of his voting record fails the Constitutional test? I can't fathom an answer to that question.

All I can do is register my disappointment that a man that I thought stood for the principles of the tea party shows by his support of an Establishment RINO that there is something at work here that I can't understand.

We are taught that we will know people by their fruit and supporting a Congressman that has the voting record of an obvious RINO indicates something is again at work that I cannot grasp.

I repeat, this is not about supporting me. I've stated a number of times on the campaign trial that like George Wasington, I really have no desire to have to go to D.C. but like him I am willing to do it to change the course of this nation.

My disappoint in Jack stems from what his endorsement says to us. In effect Jack's endorsement says he likes the direction CONGRESS has been taking us and he wants Collins there to continue down this current path.

I cannot help but wonder if in Jack's mind that he believes having access to politicians in power is more important than saving the soul of America.

The election in the 9th District is not about getting me elected. NO, it's about unseating a man that has shown to ALL that will seriously investigate his voting record that he refuses to adhere to his Oath of Office.

While I do believe all have the right to support who they will, it still disappoints when a person we thought to be on the side against the establishment turns out instead to be on the same side with the establishment.
Monday, May 9 at 11:23am