Jon Ossoff (D) Candidate for Georgia’s 6th District

Click link for list of topics. Membership is not required to read content or to watch Nydeos.
Nydia Tisdale

Jon Ossoff (D) Candidate for Georgia’s 6th District

Post by Nydia Tisdale » April 13th, 2017, 9:18 am

Jon Ossoff – Democrat candidate for Congress for Georgia’s 6th District

http://ElectJon.com
http://facebook.com/JonOssoff
http://twitter.com/Ossoff

Special election Tuesday, April 18, 2017 at 7am-7pm
Early voting till Friday, April 14, 2017 at 8:30am-6pm

Nydia Tisdale

NYDEO: Jon Ossoff (D) Candidate for GA06 04/09/17

Post by Nydia Tisdale » April 13th, 2017, 9:19 am

Good afternoon, everybody. Uh, thank you to the [Dunwoody] Homeowners Association. Thank you to Dick [Williams] and Robert [Wittenstein] for moderating.

My name is Jon Ossoff. I was born and raised in metro Atlanta. Grew up in the sixth congressional district in north DeKalb County, not too far from here. Went to Georgetown University school of foreign service where I studied international relations.

I worked on Capitol Hill for five years specializing in defense and national security policy. I saw how things work in Congress, but more than that, I saw how they do not. I saw the partisanship and the gridlock, the pettiness and the corruption and I ultimately decided to leave.

In 2012 and 2013, I got a Master's degree from the London school of economics and I now run a small business that specializes in investigations of organized crime, political corruption, and war crimes around the world. We produce documentary films for international television broadcasters and news organizations.

And I had no plans to get back into politics anytime soon, but the last six months have changed my world view pretty profoundly. I think it's time for fresh leadership in Washington. Fresh leadership, focus less on the endless partisan negativity that's drowning us in nonsense and real results instead.

The economic potential of our region here is virtually unlimited. We've got the busiest airport in the world, a deep water port in Savannah, a booming tech sector especially in north metro Atlanta. Six hundred tech companies run Alpharetta alone.

Nearly two hundred thousand people employed in high tech economy in metro Atlanta, and yet — instead of discussing what we can do to deliver the kind of solutions necessary to grow this economy into an economic powerhouse that's the envy of the rest of the country — we remain mired in gridlock, partisanship, negativity.

I'm running a positive campaign that's focused on our shared prosperity. How we can grow this economy so families have more opportunity, higher incomes, more affordable college, and a better quality of life and I think that that is a message that can cross party lines.

I ask for you support on April 18th. Thank you.

Nydia Tisdale

NYDEO: Jon Ossoff (D) Candidate for GA06 03/29/17

Post by Nydia Tisdale » April 13th, 2017, 9:20 am

Good morning, everybody. Thank you Wes [Moss]. Thanks to Brand Band and the participating chambers and everyone who's here to hear from the candidates.

My name is Jon Ossoff. I'm a native son of Georgia. Went to Georgetown University school of foreign service where I studied international relations. I worked on Capitol Hill for five years specializing in defense and national security policy. Saw the legislative process. Saw how constituents service and congressional oversight can be rendered, and also saw why Washington is broken — the corruption, the partisanship, the gridlock — decided to leave.

In 2012, I got a Master's degree from the London school of economics and now I run a small business that specializes in anti-corruption and organized crime investigations producing documentary films for major international broadcasters.

I'm running a positive campaign that is focused like a laser on our local economic development. The high tech, biotech and medical research sectors can make north metro Atlanta the Silicon Valley of the South if we can get beyond partisanship and focus on solutions like expanding export markets, cutting wasteful spending, prioritizing research and development.

And a member of Congress can also be an ambassador for our business community attracting new facilities, headquarters, and research centers from growing organizations and I would be honored to serve you in that capacity in Congress. Thank you.