NYDEO: Robyn Kenner, Executive Assistant to Roswell Mayor Jere Wood 12/01/15

Click link for list of topics. Membership is not required to read content or to watch Nydeos.
Nydia Tisdale

NYDEO: Robyn Kenner, Executive Assistant to Roswell Mayor Jere Wood 12/01/15

Post by Nydia Tisdale » January 7th, 2018, 8:55 pm

Video by Mike Petchenik for WSB-TV on December 18, 2017.

Comments (copied from Facebook before being deleted on January 7, 2018)

Robyn Kenner — She needs to protect her First Amendment rights in other ways, venues and circumstances. And if it’s contentious - just leave when you’re asked the first time. None of this was worth it. · December 18, 2017 at 10:14pm

12 Replies

Sasha Swetlowski — Protecting First Amendment rights in "other ways" means accepting the fact that someone took them away from you. That is the crime here. And It's always worth fighting. A better approach may have been to call the police herself, not to back down and submit. · December 19, 2017 at 7:00am

Robyn Kenner — Sasha Swetlowski no, I meant just find another issue to cover where she isn’t being asked to leave. Nydia shoved a camera into my face and was quite nasty to me one day when I asked her a simple question - what can I help you with at City hall today? Why are you filming here today? I asked her to put down her camera and stop filming me so we could have a conversation and she refused. It was all unnecessary. · December 19, 2017 at 7:09am

The Hunt for Public Notice inside Roswell City Hall with Robyn Kenner, Executive Assistant to Roswell Mayor Jere Wood, on Tuesday, December 1, 2015.

Dustin Jon-bryant Ayers — Sounds like it was unnecessary for you to ask in a way that was really demanding. · December 19, 2017 at 10:14pm

Hayden Scott Birch — Robyn Kenner oh it's okay for a robotic systematic government to ask for insurance and registration but when it comes to a female journalist being staunch and direct it's oh so rude! Gasp. You poor thing are your feelings in tact? · December 20, 2017 at 10:16am

Robyn Kenner — Hayden Scott Birch we ask people when they enter a government building with a camera what we can do to assist them. All journalists I have dealt with for the past 15 years give us a heads-up, come in and ask for certain personnel to let us know they are there and what they want to accomplish, and we always accommodate them. The City of Roswell does not stop the press from coming into City Hall or conducting their business. When someone comes in with a camera unannounced and is just randomly filming, we ask what we can do to assist them. Maybe nothing. Maybe give them access to something they need to film. Could be a shot of Council Chambers for a piece they are doing. As a City employee, I have a right to ask to not be filmed and I have a right to walk away. The conversation we were having was completely within the norm of what we do and say. I had no intention of stopping her and I was very polite. Her being rude to me and sticking the camera in my face during an introductory conversation was uncalled for. My feelings and professionalism are very well intact. · December 20, 2017 at 11:32am

Jessica Szilagyi — A public employee paid with tax dollars wanted a citizen to put the camera down and the citizen is the one who is rude.
What a twisted world we live in. No journalist owes you an explanation for anything. · December 20, 2017 at 5:40pm

Jessica Szilagyi — And you have no “rights” as a city employee. As a person in America, you have the right to ask and the right to walk away, but you are still owed nothing and you certainly have no extra rights or privileges simply because your job is backed my tax dollars. · December 20, 2017 at 5:59pm

Robyn Kenner — Jessica Szilagyi under the purview of being employed by any entity - private or government - no one needs to be subjected to a hostile interaction by any citizen or visitor at your place of business. Any employer will tell you to walk away. · December 20, 2017 at 6:14pm

Jessica Szilagyi — I’m just glad I don’t live in Roswell, for many reasons. And now for this one, too.
Superiority is never becoming of a public servant. · December 20, 2017 at 7:54pm

Robyn Kenner — Jessica Szilagyi - for the past 15 years while working for the Mayor every radio, tv, and paper journalist who called our office and came to City Hall were all given priority, access, and treated with respect. It was always our pleasure to “meet the press.” · December 20, 2017 at 10:01pm

Kevin Holcom — Oh and btw, I agree with you on your original post Robyn. Private property is a risky place to exercise your First amendment rights. If you are asked to leave then you need to leave. · December 21, 2017 at 11:35am

Jonny Hibbert — No, Robyn. · January 7, 2018 at 9:34am

#Nydeo by Nydia Tisdale for AboutForsyth.com. Please $upport Nydeos via http://PayPal.Me/NydiaTisdale.

Nydia Tisdale

NYDEO: Nydia Tisdale discusses the difference between a Public Notice and an Agenda 02/24/14

Post by Nydia Tisdale » January 8th, 2018, 10:19 am

Nydia Tisdale addresses Roswell Mayor Jere Wood and the City Council regarding Georgia Sunshine Law, the Open Meetings Act (OMA) and the Unified Development Code (UDC) on Monday, February 24, 2014.

Nydia Tisdale discusses the difference between a Public Notice and an Agenda, and the requirement for both documents.

Mayor Jere Wood
Rich Dippolito, Post 1
Becky Wynn, Post 2
Betty Price, Post 3
Kent Igleheart, Post 4
Jerry Orlans, Post 5
Nancy Diamond, Post 6, Mayor Pro Tem

Julie Brechbill, Public Information Officer
Brad Townsend, Planning Director
Alice Wakefield, Community Development Director
Jackie Deibel, Senior Planner