Dan Moody (R) Candidate for Georgia’s 6th District

Click link for list of topics. Membership is not required to read content or to watch Nydeos.
Nydia Tisdale

Dan Moody (R) Candidate for Georgia’s 6th District

Post by Nydia Tisdale » April 13th, 2017, 9:21 am

Dan Moody – Republican candidate for Congress for Georgia’s 6th District

http://DanMoody.com
http://facebook.com/DanMoodyGA
http://twitter.com/DanMoodyGA

Special election Tuesday, April 18, 2017 at 7am-7pm
Early voting till Friday, April 14, 2017 at 8:30am-6pm

Nydia Tisdale

NYDEO: Dan Moody (R) Candidate for GA06 04/09/17

Post by Nydia Tisdale » April 13th, 2017, 9:22 am

Thank you, David [Abroms]. Folks, I consider this a job interview. I'm Dan Moody and I want to earn your vote today and I want to tell you that I'm ready for the hard work because that's what it's going to take to get this country back on the right track.

I'd like my family to stand up just real quickly, all of you. My wife Stephanie, forty-seven years, she's been my best friend that length of time. My daughter Tiffany. We've got Emily, Matthew, Ali and Jack, her kids and husband Jack in the back. Thanks for coming [applause].

Folks, back in 2002, I was first elected to the State Senate and I'm sure some of you remember those days because that's back when Fran Millar and Dan Weber and I started the path to create the City of Dunwoody. We did all the cities in north Fulton. Dunwoody was another one. And what a difference it's made.

Back in 2002 when I first got elected to the State Senate, Georgia had just started to turn red and a lot of heavy lifting had to be done and it was like a dog catching a car. A lot of folks didn't really understand what governing was like and new leaders started to emerge and I was one of them.

I had served in the Army as an officer. I'd been in business since the early seventies. I owned my own business and created some great jobs in Georgia; created a business worth millions of dollars to the economy.

And in the State Senate I did my share of the hard work, but at the end of the day I had always believed in term limits. So, I term-limited myself. I went back home to live under the laws I helped create.

Today in Washington, we've got those same challenges. It's time to get to work. I'd love to earn your vote.

Nydia Tisdale

NYDEO: Dan Moody (R) Candidate for GA06 03/29/17

Post by Nydia Tisdale » April 13th, 2017, 9:23 am

I'm Dan Moody and I was first elected as a conservative Republican to the Georgia State Senate in 2002.

I had been an Army officer. I had owned my own business. I had helped create some great Georgia jobs and I pumped millions of dollars into our economy — just like some of you have.

I had always wanted to, um, have an opportunity to become a public servant and in 2002, Georgia became a red state, but you know what happened? A lot of people realized it was time to govern and new leaders emerged at the Capitol and I was one of them.

My caucus elected me as their chairman. I helped do a lot of hefty lifting and together we took a huge surplus we had inherited from the Democrats over six hundred million dollars and we turned it into a five hundred million dollar surplus.

I had always believed in term limits, and you know what I did? After four terms, I term-limited myself. I went home to live under the laws that I helped create.

And today in Washington, it's time to govern, and folks, we've just got to get it right because if we don't as Republicans, we may never get another chance.

I'm all for hard work. I learned how to do it in the Army and I'm ready to do it again, but one thing you won't get from me — I'll never be a career politician.

I really want to earn your vote. Thank you.